Butterfly Calligram



For my calligram, I knew I wanted to make something with a decent amount of curvature. I have always really loved butterflies, and even though I don't see very many here in Tampa, summers, and springs in New Hampshire I often see quite a few and they always make me smile. I wanted to use very cool-toned colors because these are the most calming. I was inspired by the above picture of a cool-toned butterfly, using complementing colors of blues and purples. I made the text of my butterfly the lyrics of "happiness is a butterfly" by Lana Del Rey. She is my favorite female artist of all time and when I hear this song it makes me feel so calm. The song has to do with butterflies too, so I thought it would be the perfect one. In illustrator, I used the curvature took for the outside of the butterfly and the pen tool for the inside. I used the text on a line tool to add text to all the shapes I outlined. My calligram took me around 6 hours and using adobe illustrator was a lot less confusing to use than dreamweaver. This project was a lot of fun for me to create and my friends even liked it so much they had me print them a copy to hang in their room.















Comments

Popular Posts